Who is the data controller of your personal information?
We, that is Falcon Media LLC Dubai, United Arab Emirates, (“Falcon Media” or “we”) are the data controller. We are responsible for, and control, the processing of your personal information.
What personal information do we collect?
In the context of rendering our Services, be it online or offline, we may collect information about you. This information regularly includes the following:
- If you register on our websites or sign up for a trial: Name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, company name, job title, IP address, username, and password.
- If you register for a paid service: in addition to the above, credit card or other payment information and information on your order such as price, license, service plan.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter: Name, email address, marketing campaign information such as your reaction to our marketing and your interest in our Services.
- If you contact us (via our websites or via phone, email or letter), e.g. for a support request, respond to a survey, send us an inquiry or post to our forum: Name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, company name, job title, IP address, information on our communication with you and any additional information you provide us with.
- If you merely visit our websites: IP address, browser data, browser type, device type, device ID, Uniform Resource Locators (URL), operating system, language preferences, information on your usage of our websites and online activities.
How do we collect your information?
This personal information is collected in many ways and may include:
- Personal information you provide to us: Most of the personal information we receive comes to us voluntarily from our users in the course of using our Services, such as when visiting our website, communicating with us or in the process of requesting our Services. You are free to choose which information you want to provide to us or whether you want to provide us with information at all. However, some information, such as your name, address, payment information and information on your requested Services may be necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations. Without providing this information, you will not be able to order certain Services or enter into a contract with us.
Why and on which legal basis do we collect and use your personal information?
The reasons for using your personal information may differ depending on the purpose of the collection. Regularly we use your information for the following purposes and on the following legal grounds:
- We use your information in order to perform our contractual services or prior to entering into a contract with you. If you order Services from Gulfshowrooms.com or if you contact us to request our Services, we use your information to provide you with these Services. Information we use includes information we need to contact you or otherwise communicate with you; information to manage your account; information to enable the download or usage of Services; information for invoicing, payment and license renewals.
- We use your information if justified by our legitimate interests. The usage of your information may also be necessary for our own business interests. For example, we may use some of your information to evaluate and review our business performance, create financial statements; improve our Services or identify potential cybersecurity threats. If necessary, we may also use your information to pursue or defend ourselves against legal claims. We may use your email address for our email marketing campaigns. You can object to this use at any time by following the link to unsubscribe at the bottom of our marketing emails.
- We use your information after obtaining your consent. In some cases, we may ask you to grant us separate consent to use your information. You are free to deny your consent and the denial will have no negative consequences for you. You are free to withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. If you have granted us consent to use your information, we will use it only for the purposes specified in the consent form.
This also includes our marketing campaigns. If you sign up to one of our email newsletters or when providing us with your email address allow us to use this email address for email marketing, we will use your personal information in the relevant email marketing campaigns. You may unsubscribe from any of our email newsletters at any time by following the link to unsubscribe at the bottom of the newsletter. You may also contact us via email, phone or mail at the addresses provided at the end of this document to request that we remove you from our email list.
- We use your information to comply with legal obligations. We are obligated to retain certain information because of legal requirements, for example, tax or commercial laws.
We will only use your information for the purposes for which we have collected them. We will not use your information for other purposes. We do not use your personal information for automated individual decision-making.
With whom do we share your personal information?
As required in accordance with how we use it, we will share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Our subsidiaries: To support our Services, our subsidiary Falcon Media LLC.
- Service providers and advisors:Third party vendors and other service providers that perform services for us or on our behalf, which may include marketing campaign services, providing mailing or email services, tax and accounting services, product fulfilment, payment processing, data enhancement services, fraud prevention, web hosting, or providing analytic services; These third parties include: Airbrake, Amazon Web Services, Braintree, Clearbit, FastSpring, Google, Hotjar, iContact, NetSuite, Pardot, Salesforce, Slack, SurveyMonkey, Vero, Weems, Zendesk. Any such service providers will by appropriate data processing agreements be bound to only process the data on Falcon Media LLC’s behalf and under its instructions.
- Purchasers and third parties in connection with a business transaction:Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a Falcon Media LLC-related transaction, such as a merger, sale of Falcon Media LLC assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business, or in the event of a bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons:Third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our legal claims or to protect the security or integrity of our Services; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Falcon Media LLC, our visitors, or others.
How long do we keep your information?
We will store personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect personal information, in accordance with our legal obligations and legitimate business interests.
We store your personal data during the time that you are a customer of Falcon Media LLC or a registered account holder at Gulfshowrooms.com for purposes of providing you the services, and for up to three years after you cease to be a customer or delete your Gulfshowrooms.com account.
If you have never been a customer or registered account holder, but have consented to receive a newsletter, we will continue to process your personal data for this purpose until you unsubscribe from this service or you have not viewed the newsletter for 12 consecutive months.
If you have never been a customer or registered account holder, but have consented to receive other marketing inquiries or information from us, we may store your data for up to two years.
We reserve the right to store or delete your personal data earlier or later than set forth herein if required to do so by an applicable law or regulation, including the GDPR, especially where necessary to comply with statutory retention periods and for the exercise or defense of legal claims.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) may be kept on file solely for the purpose of processing your recurring subscription payments until such a subscription is canceled.
How do we safeguard your personal information when there is an international transfer?
As we are located in the United Arab Emirates, any information you provide will be processed and stored in the United Arab Emirates. If you are in the European Union or European Economic Area, this may mean that your personal information will be stored in a jurisdiction that offers a level of protection that may, in certain instances, be less protective of your personal information than the jurisdiction you are typically a resident in.
For this reason, we have entered into guarantees to ensure appropriate safeguards. If we transfer information from the European Union to third parties outside the European Union and to countries not subject to schemes which are considered as providing an adequate data protection standard, we will enter into contracts which are based on the EU Standard Contractual Clauses with these parties.
What kind of cookies do we use?
- What are Cookies? Cookies are small text files stored in your browsing device (computer, tablet or mobile) by the websites you are visiting. They help the browser remember stateful information related to your profile during your browsing session or between sessions. Only the website that provided you with a cookie has the ability to read it.
- What are Cookies used for? Cookies do lots of different jobs, like helping us understand how our websites are being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving your browsing experience.
- What types of cookies are used by Falcon Media LLC? The types of cookies used on our site can generally be put into one of the following categories: authentication; analytics; functionality; and social media. You can find out more about each of the cookie categories in the table below.
- Authentication Cookies: These cookies work in conjunction with the login and authentication mechanisms of our websites. When you are authenticated, they are essential to make our websites work as intended and enable you to use the features specific to your account profile. Without these cookies, you would not be able to use these services whilst authenticated.
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies collect information about how people are using our websites, for example, which pages are visited most often, how people are moving from one link to another and if a particular user experiences error messages on certain pages. All information these cookies collect is grouped together with information from other people’s use of our websites. Overall, these cookies provide us with analytical information about how our websites are performing and how we can improve them. Although Analytics Cookies may be used by third parties for advertising purposes, they are not per se advertising cookies.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make and tailor our websites to provide enhanced features and content to you. For example, these cookies can be used to remember your IP address, language choice, geolocation, and requested Services.
- How long will cookies stay on your browsing device? The length of time a cookie will stay on your browsing device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing the website that has set the cookie. Persistent cookies stay on your browsing device after you have finished browsing a particular website until they are deleted or until they expire.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit our websites or use our Service on your browser or mobile device. Google Analytics facilitates the assignment of data, sessions, and interactions across several devices to a pseudonymous user ID and thus the analysis of activities across devices. We share a unique identifier, like a user ID or hashed email address, with Google to facilitate the service. The generated information is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. As IP anonymization is activated on this website, Google will reduce your IP address within the Member States of the European Union or in other states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area beforehand. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data. Google will use the collected data on our behalf to evaluate the use of the websites, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with other services related to website and Internet use.
For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google’s site https://policies.google.com/?hl=en. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
- Pardot: We use Pardot to monitor visitor activities on the Gulfshowrooms.com landing pages. Pardot sets cookies on your browser to remember preferences (like form field values) when you return to our site. Pardot also sets a cookie for logged-in users to maintain the session and remember table filters. Pardot sets first-party cookies for tracking purposes and sets third-party cookies for redundancy. Using first-party and third-party cookies together are standard in the marketing automation industry. Pardot cookies do not store personally identifying information, only a unique identifier. Pardot sets first-party cookies on our tracker subdomains and Pardot domains.
What rights and choices do you have?
We want you to understand your rights and choices regarding how we may use your personal information. Depending on how you use your information, these rights and choices may include the following:
- Individual Rights: You have specific rights under applicable privacy law in respect to your personal information that we hold, including a right of access and erasure and a right to prevent certain processing activities. If you are a resident in the European Union, you have the following rights in respect to your personal information that we hold:
- The right of access: The right to obtain access to your personal information.
- Right to rectification: The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: The right to obtain the erasure of your personal information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to restriction: The right to obtain restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal information in certain circumstances, such as, where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, for a period of time enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information.
- Right to portability: The right to portability allows you to move, copy or transfer personal information easily from one organization to another.
- RIGHT TO OBJECT: YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO ANY PROCESSING BASED ON OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS WHERE THERE ARE GROUNDS RELATING TO YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION. YOU CAN OBJECT TO MARKETING ACTIVITIES FOR WHATEVER REASON WHATSOEVER.
If you wish to exercise one of these rights, please contact us using the contact details below. For cookies or e-mail marketing, we provide the following easily usable option:
- Cookies Settings and Preferences: You may disable cookies and other tracking technologies through the settings in your browser.
- E-Mail Settings and Preferences: If you no longer want to receive marketing e-mails from us, you may choose to unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the particular newsletter (or for Gulfshowrooms.com registered users in the subscription settings in your Gulfshowrooms.com user account).
In addition to the afore listed rights, as an EU resident, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available athttp://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Policy for Children
How to contact us